Karan Johar’s multi starrer ‘Kalank’ has been in the limelight ever since the announcement of the cast. No doubt, ‘Kalank’ is one of Bollywood’s most awaited movies of 2019 because of its star-cast . As you know this movie stars some of famed actors such as Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Madhuri Dixit, Sonakshi Sinha, Sanjay Dutt and Aditya Roy Kapoor, it will surely make a big bash.
Here are some of the interesting facts that you would love to know before you watch this movie!
The plot of Kalank was conceptualised by Yash Johar along with his son and producer of the film, Karan Johar almost 15 years ago!
Late actress Sridevi had been initially signed up to play the role of courtesan Ishmat in Kalank. Unfortunately, due to her sudden demise, the role will be played by Madhuri Dixit.
- The set for Kalank was created in Mumbai’s Film City at the whopping cost of Rs. 15 crores which suitably shows the structures of the then old Delhi.
- Around 500 backup dancers were signed for the introductory song.
- In an instagram post, Varun Dhawan recently called Sonakshi ‘bhabi’, so it confirmed that she might be playing Aditya Roy Kapur’s love interest in the film.
- During an interview, Sanjay Dutt revealed that Kalank is an emotional film about two families. Basically, it’s more of a drama. He further added that this movie is more about values and characters at their best.
- The movie also has a very strong lineup of playback singers i.e Guru Randhawa, Kailash Kher, Arijit Singh, Siddharth Mahadevan, Papon, and Sukhwinder Singh.
- Interestingly, the movie brings together Madhuri Dixit and Sanjay Dutt as an onscreen couple after a long gap of 21 years since the release of ‘Mahaanta’ in 1997.
- Set in the 1940s, Kalank might have some connection with Pakistan. It is said that Yash Johar put so much efforts in learning about the era of 1940 and he has even gone to Lahore to get better views about the then era.
With a brilliant director and notable producers backing this movie, and not to mention its envy-inducing star cast, it’s time to hurry up and book your tickets in advance at your nearest Rajhans Cinemas!