The one who goes to bed by 9pm and wakes up at 5.30am. His schedule obviously shows how much time he invests to do more than a couple of movies in a year. And he does it with a lot more enthusiasm. At 49, our ‘Khiladi’ is undeniably getting better with age.
Akshay Kumar who has been emphasising more on patriotism and public awareness, once again comes up with a strong social message. His latest project is none other than ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’ which is a satirical strike against the vexed-issue of open defecation that the country still suffers. While the songs and trailer have already got the audience excited, here are some interesting facts about this uniquely-themed movie.
- ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’ is a movie that highlights prevailing pain of proper sanitisation in India. It is based on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat mission.
- Bhumi Pednekar and Akshay Kumar joined Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath, in his cleanliness drive to promote their upcoming film ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’. He was also seen sweeping with Yogi Adityanath and surprisingly this movie was declared tax-free in UP.
- ‘Khiladi’ also met the PM to discuss the concept of this movie who he heartily praised. Interestingly, PM Modi was the first to shower his appreciations on the film when the trailer was aired. “Good effort to further the message of cleanliness. 125 crore Indians have to continue working together to create a Swachh Bharat,” added PM.
- Bollywood superstar Akshay in a recent interview revealed that he was not the first choice for this movie The role came to him after it was rejected by many heroes. In fact, the script for this movie was being tossed around for around 4 years and when it finally came to Akshay, he was so excited.
- 5.Pratik Sharma, a Jaipur-based filmmaker filed a copyright infringement case against the makers of this movie accusing them of copying the punchline as well as the subject from his movie, ‘ Gutrun Gutar Gun’. Of which, the Jaipur Court rejected the plea against the film.
- 6. Akshay Kumar carries a persona that leads by example. It’s not just about his movie that focuses upon sanitation, but he is even seen voluntarily digging up toilets back in April at Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh as part of promoting his movie as well as hygiene.
- In an interview, Akshay Kumar revealed that Toilet – Ek Prem Katha was initially named Sandas – Ek Prem Katha.
Written by Siddarth Singh and Garima Wahal and directed by Shree Narayan Singh, Toilet – Ek Prem Katha is hitting the theatres on 11 th August.